Monday, November 5, 2007

"You Have No Connection"

This is the message that kept popping up on our computer tonight. We had a storm so of course something has gone "crazy" with our home computer but I am once again thankful to all the friends who pitched in and bought me a wonderful laptop all of my own. I plugged it in and now I can continue. I will have to call my favorite Chris Boy (Chris Wills) and ask him to walk me through getting my home computer up and talking to the internet.

This title made me think how we just take for grant the next thing in our day, things that seem to be so easy. All so while having some quiet time, I thanked Jesus for always being there for me and never leaving me. He never walks away or pushes me to the side. There is always a connection. I spent time with the Lord talking about Kaye and the new issues we will bring to the table tomorrow when we talk with India. I do have a peace right now because I know we are not alone and I also see the courage Kaye has. Even when her legs and knees are killing her, she is so determined to complete the task as hand. I will admit, every now and then she will turn to David and say "daddy, can you just carry me, I am tired". That is just how I feel when I stand in the presence of Jesus and I cannot take another step.

Also, Have I told you I hate this new time thing? It gets dark here, I mean dark by 5 p.m. I hate it, but that is another talk for another day. Praying you are still for just a few minutes and feel a big ole hug just from me. Blessings. Good night!

4 comments:

Dennise Voyles said...

Allen Martin will be so proud of me being able to sign on without calling him! I know tomorrow is a big day for Katherine but no matter what the doctors say, she is a trooper and will get through this trial too with flying colors.
Your words of wisdom on being connected has hit home for me today. My daily trials can sometimes sidetrack me and I try to do the daily routine without even asking for guidance. Thank you for reminding me to not take on the world by myself. He will always answer my prayers...I just have to be quiet enough to hear.
I'll be praying for ya'll tomorrow. Please give hugs and kisses to all for me.

Pollyd said...

Sending love and prayers today that Kaye will have a good report.

carolineb said...

The time change is so much worse for y'all, you're already an hour behind! Knock 'em dead today.

AnnieBlogs said...

I love your blog. :)