Sunday, November 18, 2007

Simply Wait

I know right now there will be another entry with this title because I have the honor of attending a retreat this afternoon that will be hosted by Pam Hawkins. As I get ready to travel to Belle Meade United Methodist Church and I ponder the title I just cannot help but look back over my life and can see God's hand and His awesomeness. I can tell you that I have been taught it is very important to just Simply Wait.

Pam is a wonderful person who God brought into my life when Kaye began her journey here in Tennessee. She is the associate pastor and our dear friends Donna & Steve Harrison attend this church. We began our relationship with visits in the hospital and then she told Kaye of her journey with chemo when she was a freshman in college. A very cool relationship began and there were several things about this woman that I fell in love with:

1. She was real, not fake, right from the start
2. She truly understood where we were and never tried to tell us, "I've been there......" She just
was there.
3. Her prayers have to be straight from heaven, I have never been with a woman who once she
said "Amen" I truly felt covered with love and grace.
4. She not once wanted anything in return, just wanted to be with us, create smiles, cry with
me when I did not even understand the tears.
5. She likes Starbuck Coffee, a huge plus for Kaye
6. She was never afraid to show the human side of she was
7. She reminded me "Sharliss, Just Simply Wait"

Well, when I found out she was the author of a book, I could not wait to get a copy. Of course she took the time to write inside the cover. She wrote just to me the following:

"May you wait as a woman who trusts God beyond any human imagination. May God bless your going outs and your coming in- through Advent and Beyond."

You see the book is an advent devotional. I have had to hide this book from myself so I will wait to begin during Advent. I am so excited! Today at 4 p.m. I will sit and listen to my friend speak words of love, wisdom and to remind me how to Simply Wait.

1 comment:

carolineb said...

You should be the one speaking to a group of women! You're more beautiful today than yesterday, all the things you've suffered have made you so shiny!