Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Thoughts

I have thought long and hard about this thing called "A Blog". So many have no idea what, why, how, what for? Well, join the crowd. I just happen to be a mama that has been housed up with a sick child and wanted and need interaction with people, yes even mean ones! Anyhow, I have enjoyed reading others' blogs and laughing and crying and yes even cussing right along with them. This big old world is just big and if we just sit still in our own little box, it will pass us right on by so, I want to put in thoughts in words so even I can try to make some kind of sense of right now. If you really want the total truth, I wanted to do this because I can type forever and there is no limit like the Caringbridge Site and I can add pictures. That is pretty important stuff when you live 4 hours away from so many that you love and want to be loved by.

So here we are on Day 3, I wish I had something I could just give you but all I have is my life. Yesterday was wonderful in so many ways and then, just like satan likes to do, the dang rug was pulled out from under me and I let is consume me. Dr. India told us the MRI showed that Kaye has a stress fracture just below her right knee and the beginning stages of Osteonecrosis. Just let me say the Internet is a wonderful tool but it can also scare the dang heart out of someone. We understand stress fractures but that other word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was mad when my sweet girl who is doing so well had tears in her eyes and more questions. Questions I could not answer and let me tell you I DO NOT LIKE THAT! We will know more on Tuesday but we know she will not take steroids for a while or maybe never again. Anyway, another "side road" to this journey. I have asked so many to pray, pray, pray. No permanent damage of any kind.

Also just to make things a little more CRAZY, I got bit by something, we thought a spider out in the yard but the doctors say it is another inset. That just made me roll my eyes but the places on my leg look bad and they have to be watched. Is that just not the dumbest thing? I also had to get a shot!!!!!!!!!!! If you just need one more thing to pray about, add that to the list. This is the end.

3 comments:

Jennie B said...

Love the blog, Lady! You're doing great... i always like to hear what you have to say.

Shame on whatever bit you... may 10,000 curses fall its little beady head.

carolineb said...

Bad old bug! We hate him.
Praying for you, I am.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you and will add your blog to my google 'reader' that lets me know when an entry has been made . . . great tool! Anyway, I'm praying hard over Katherine's legs. I had the crap scared out of me, too, when I googled that ugly word. I look so forward to what you will be sharing on this blog. Much love!
Dana