Monday, November 26, 2007

Simply Wait

Tomorrow I will begin an Advent Devotional entitled "Simply Wait". I am very excited and I have had the book for more than 3 weeks. I put it away so I would not sneak and begin early. There are four weeks in the Advent Season: Anticipation, Hope, Patience and Obedience. I am truly looking forward to this time I will put aside to read, pray and worship. I feel blessed because I need these next four weeks of word, stillness, being close to God and also because I know the author personally. Pam Hawkins has entered into my life and caused a stirring of my soul that makes me want so much more in my spiritual life. I begin with the following: "contemplative prayer, prayer that finds its home not in busy doing or speaking but in becoming, in being."

This past year have taken me to the lowest and also high on the mountain top. I need, I want to stop, be still and continue to rest in God's arms, right in the middle of his lap. I must keep looking, pressing forward but I know his warmth will cover me and help guide me through the rest of my journey, the one of this year and many years to come. Prayer, stillness, being...this is my desire for the next four weeks.