Sunday, November 4, 2007

There Is A Time For Everything

In Ecclesiastes 3 we are told that "there is a time for everything". My life has been full of many trials and journeys. Some that scared me and I begged God to get me out fast, others I even understood why I was in them but I can honestly say, today, every trial and journey I have walked, I have learned so much from. This weekend, my dear friend Caroline Bedingfield talked about something that sure hit home for me. And it caused me to think. "When we are in the mist of something, we think that it will never end." You know like when you have a new born, a new momma thinks, I will never ever sleep through the night again, or when you have teenagers you are in the mist of storms that will never calm.

Right then I began thinking about this last year. This storm stinks and it has been hard and I will admit, it has been all consuming. But as will travel to another place in this journey I look back and am sometimes angry with myself because I could not see passed the storm. Now when a new wall seems to be up around us with all this knee stuff, David reminds me "from whence we came", boy the huge stormy seas and how God has calmed so much. Again, I am thankful for the journey I am so humbled by how Kaye has preserved and again I remember the words in James 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.' James 1:2-4

So for all the roads traveled, hurt, abandonment, loneliness, fear, the unknown, CANCER I will say, I count it all joy because I do view things through a different pair of glasses. The main thing these trials and journeys have taught me is to stop, to be still, and to listen and then enjoy even just that moment for it will be gone and then we will be on to the next season in just a blink.

2 comments:

carolineb said...

Well said precious girl, well said.

Truan Family said...

amen! you know, you are always a breath of fresh air for me, sharliss! just today i was thinking to myself, "my God! my God!! this terrible 2 stage is NEVER going to end!" when i know deep down inside i need to cherish every moment i have with them ... even when they are acting like, well, little 2 year olds.

the other thing you have inspired me to do is start back with my blog again. i started it and thats about it! i think i posted twice, last one being january!! i need some good assistance like you got .... i don't even know how to post pictures :(

we love yall! thanks for sharing with us! julie