Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Remembering

Each Christmas brings thoughts of times past and for me smells, colors, and activities bring special people into my thoughts. People who are still right here with me and many who have gone through heaven's gates. For some reason, the smells of Christmas time remind me of my mother. I loved her so and enjoyed spending time with her. She was so talented with her hands and could make anything, clothes, anything for the house and yes even upholstering chairs! Many have told me this is grieving for me and perhaps it is but grieving does not depress me like others. I welcome all the memories of special times with loved ones. I am thankful I can even remember anything these days. Oh yes, tears do come but that makes me love them even more.

Remembering is important, that is how we continue to keep them alive. Traditions are also very important and we live through each tradition. I pray I will have a legacy that is left one day to all the people I love so much. A legacy of understanding, compassion, mercy, fun, laughter and loving people. Even those who are not here. I have several Christmas songs that I love love. David will tell you I could listen all year long but the one that brings such feelings of how much I love my parents and miss them is Celebrate Me Home. When that song comes on, where ever I am, I will stop, take a deep breath and dance. Be Still and Remember, its ok.

1 comment:

AtlantaMama said...

Remembering is Important... and I love that Christmas does that!!