Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1, 2007!....Oh Gosh 24 Days Until Christmas

Yeap, that's right! December is here and now the race is on. Things have been a little different around the Arnold house, so we have learned to slow down, not get to busy because to be honest, we cannot plan to far out. That has helped me to not get my hopes up and of course that means I don't get disappointed as much. It has been somewhat quiet around here and for that reason I can blog more. I love this time of year. Franklin had its Christmas parade today, we did not make it down town in time but all is good because next week will be the Big Weekend. The town will turn into a page from the storybook wrote by Charles Dickens. I cannot wait, even David is looking forward to this fun time. The nights are cold and crisp and the days are beautiful with cool air and blue skies. Kaye is getting better, at least we can be out and around people. That in itself makes my heart leap.

I am praying for some extra "specialness" this year...is that a word? Anyway, I know God will grant that wish for me. The three jewels in my crown make me smile when I speak their names and think of them. That is special. It warms my heart when I pray for them. My head is full of anticipation for them and how God will use their "everyday" life to show Himself. Oh my, this season is special.

1 comment:

carolineb said...

Oh gosh! You ARE the extra specialness this year, Sharliss Jane!