Monday, December 3, 2007

Doing Doing To Avoid Fear

Yes, that is the title sorry. I kept myself very busy today, did not even sit down in a chair until well after David arrived from work. You see, I was still decorating for Christmas and I must say, "It is beautiful Sharliss Jane". But under all that wonderful "doing" I was truly hiding my fears. Kaye has been sick for several days, very very tired, pale and sleeping more. This brought back memories of "the beginning" of this chapter of Leukemia. I told David tonight, she just has a bad old cold and maybe a little virus but I moved around so much today I would not let Satan even allow bad thoughts of fear into my momma head.

Tomorrow will be a long day in chemo. I am sure she will see lots of sweet young children who are running around with no hair, feed tubes and hurting from chemo. Of course she will give out every hug she has not even thinking about how bad she feels. They will give her hugs back and their parents will notice how pretty Kaye is and how her smile shines and makes the entire clinic light up.

Yes, I am a proud momma, a tired one but one that understands the journey she walks. She is a gift to me. One that keeps me understanding the true meaning of this "life" we live. Praying it is just a bad old cold, low counts.

I must boast a little, she has worked so hard on school work every day even if she does not go to the building. She is doing an ABC project book on herself. Even as bad as she felt she insisted to go to Walgreen's with me to make copies of the needed pictures. She got very sick and almost past out and then left a not so nice "gift" in the parking lot. I was scared for a few moments until I could get her home and on the couch. Well, that dang project is done and at Staples being bound and placed on card stock. It better bring an A or else.

Blessings to you all, stay warm, have some hot coco for me and Kaye.

2 comments:

carolineb said...

Good job on decorating, I bet it looks fab. Mike keeps promising to go get a tree. I'm still waiting. Sorry that old cold is dragging KJ down. So sorry.

Heather said...

I wish I had known she had the ABC project....I want one for Nani Grace...the ABCs of the Arnold family or something....a is for arnold f is for fruiter....