Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Attitude

I have had so many topics I wanted to take time to blog about, but by the time I thought I had time to express my thoughts, there always seemed to be reasons not to sit down at the computer. I think I might need to get a "Topics Can" and scratch them out on a piece of paper and then pick one out so I will complete the task.

I have always enjoyed my ride home to Franklin. The view is always beautiful in all seasons and once we get on 840 West right outside of Franklin I just have a sense of home. Last night as Kaye and I traveled home from Georgia, we listened to a CD that Rev. Ike Reighard gave us entitled "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People". I have had the opportunity to "get to know" Ike and I call him a close and personal friend. I know the roads he has traveled, the hardship, the darkness so as I listened once again to his "life's" experiences I felt sure I knew everything that would be discussed via this CD. God always uses these times to give us just a little more than we expect. I knew all the stories but something he said stuck. One of the most important freedoms we have is our attitude. I can acknowledge that even in the darkest of times it truly is your choice to allow a person, a situation or an event to take or affect your attitude. It is a choice and one that at times just has to be "willed".

Our season's of life change, come and go but inorder to use our experiences to help others, heck to even help ourselves not get stuck, begins with our attitude. I choose to try and move forward even if it is 1/2 step each day. Getting stuck dosen't help me and it sure dosen't help those around me. There are times to rest, grieve, be still but we must take a deep breath, take a step and move. I pray this can always be apart of my legacy that I give my children and the people around me. I love to laugh, I love to hug and both of those element truly help my attitude. Hugs to you all!

7 comments:

Katie B said...

Good word SJ.

I know a hug from my favorite Arnold girls sure helped my attitude yesterday!

Love!

AnnieBlogs said...

Sharliss! That is so crazy- I JUST emailed Caroline for your email address.

Will you email me at anniefdowns[at] hotmail [dot] com?

(Don't want any spammers getting my address!)

carolineb said...

I needed an attitude adjustment after the day I've had, thanks for your wisdom. Tomorrow I will do better. If someone gives me a hug.

AtlantaMama said...

Hey... thanks for sharing this. (PS - my hubby is up your way this week)

Writeaway said...

You are leaving quite a legacy to your children... but you have many more years to shape it and add to it. That's exciting because your children - and hundreds of others - are learning from you every day. You've been transparent and that's helped us all to see God in new ways.

Writeaway said...

You are leaving quite a legacy to your children... but you have many more years to shape it and add to it. That's exciting because your children - and hundreds of others - are learning from you every day. You've been transparent and that's helped us all to see God in new ways.

carolineb said...

I tagged you on my blog today...